The 2002 Winter Olympic Games provided an ideal opportunity for SchlumbergerSema to showcase its leadership and ability in managing large-scale projects to potential customers and key IT decision makers. Coltrin & Associates was asked to promote SchlumbergerSema’s vital, behind-the-scenes role in powering the Games.
The following results were achieved:
• 148 interviews and facility tours with US, French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Swedish, Italian, Danish and Norwegian print, radio, online and television media.
• 1,484 media placements, including 137 print articles, 36 online articles and a total of 1,311 television and radio broadcasts.
- Media placements included top-tier outlets such as NBC Nightly News, ABC World News Now, CNBC Squawk Box and Wake-up Call, MSNBC with Brian Williams, Forbes, Financial Times, Reuters, La Tribune, El Pais, TG1 (Italian TV), Fortune, NYSE magazine, La Vanguardia, French radio stations BFM and LCI, Investor’s Business Daily, BBC Radio (Public Radio International), ZDF-TV (Germany) and others.
• Several strategic meetings with leading industry analysts, including IDC and Aberdeen Group, resulting in positive reports.
• The creation of a comprehensive crisis communication plan to assist SchlumbergerSema in case of any emergency or crisis situations during the Olympic Games (operations were flawless and no contingencies were required).